Publix is proud of our accomplishments as a caring employer, industry leader, and member of the community.
For Safety & Security
Our team is here to help our associates, our customers, and our company reduce losses from accidents and crime. Be careful out there.
Protecting customers, associates, and company assets.
If you're looking for a career in a fast-paced and challenging field, then Loss Prevention and Safety may be for you. The Loss Prevention and Safety department is responsible for reducing losses to our customers, our associates, and our company. This involves a wide variety of functions, including training to increase associate awareness, enforcement of loss prevention and safety policies, recovery of losses, and control of access to company facilities.
The Loss Prevention department investigates more than 35,000 cases yearly ranging from vandalism to embezzlement, performs inventory and shrink assessments, provides uniform security and access control to 38 distribution and manufacturing facilities, and manages alarm systems in our stores.
Our Team Structure
The Loss Prevention and Safety department is comprised of the following teams: Divisional, Corporate Clerical and Analytical, and Corporate Management.
Retail Divisional teams consist of divisional loss prevention managers, regional specialists and auditors, loss prevention officers, and administrative clerks who manage shrink, monitor safety, develop leads, and collect evidence. They also conduct investigations and develop and maintain relationships with all of our business units as well as law enforcement agencies, state attorneys, and other retailers. Additional responsibilities include:
- alarm exception monitoring
- shoplift prevention, detection, and apprehension, and
- shrink and safety management-internal and external investigations.
Support Divisional teams consist of loss prevention managers, facility supervisors, security supervisors and security officers who manage facility traffic control and grounds access. Other duties include:
- support of corporate investigations and
- support of organized retail crime investigations.
Corporate Clerical and Analytical teams control access to and oversee video monitoring of our facilities. They also compile and analyze point of sale and money services data, shrink and other data trends, and conduct financial crime investigations. Other duties include:
- file management
- report editing and
- civil recovery.
Loss Prevention and Safety Corporate Management teams play a role in motivating, teaching, and coaching associates on the best practices for loss prevention in all business areas. Responsibilities include:
- the design, development and analysis of metrics
- cross-functional project participation
- strategic project management
- policy influence and development
- corporate investigations and
- organized retail crime investigations.
This team also helps to:
- foster an appreciation for safety throughout the company
- develop tools and processes to identify and reduce injuries and exposure to unsafe conditions
- provide education and training on such tools and processes and
- provide advice on the use of Publix's safety improvement process.
Come join a team that protects its customers, associates, and assets. These are some of the positions in Loss Prevention.
- Divisional Administrative Clerk
- Fire Safety Coordinator
- Loss Prevention Analyst
- Loss Prevention and Safety Auditor
- Loss Prevention Report Editor
- Loss Prevention and Safety Specialist
- Loss Prevention Specialist -
Organized Retail Crime
- Manager of Security Operations
- Safety Analyst
- Safety Specialist
- Security Officer
How to Apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Loss Prevention/Safety from the Job Category list.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, Publix will contact you for an interview and possible customized testing for that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in
- Lakeland at (863) 688-7407, ext. 32504 or
- Atlanta at (770) 995-0073, ext. 2153.